The second version of the John Deere trademark was being used by 1910 and registered in 1912. The deer again was shown leaping over a log. However, there was more detail and definition this time. The slogan "The Trade Mark of Quality Made Famous by Good Implements" first appears here, extending across the bottom.
In 1937, another updated trademark was registered. This one, even simpler. The typography and leaping deer remained, but the border disappeared. John Deere was offering more products than ever before. There were now more places to use the trademark, which may have prompted the update. The fact that 1937 marked the company's centennial could have been another factor in the change.
A clean-cut, contemporary look marked the revision in 1968. A company memo noted, "the new trademark is in keeping with the progress being made throughout all divisions of the Company... it provides for better reproduction and greater readability under a wider range of usage." The deer image was streamlined to show a straight-side silhouette with just two legs, instead of the four, and one four-point rack of antlers. The "John Deere" logotype was changed using a hand-modified version based on the Helvetica font. The width of the ellipse border was narrowed, and the size of the deer inside it was increased.